Sunday, April 29, 2012

Showcase Sunday #1


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits, and Tea!

Books, Biscuits, and Tea just started this meme today, and I'm very excited to start taking part in it!

I did an IMM a month or so ago, but I never kept up with it. I'm turning over a new leaf and am going to try harder to post these each week, seeing as how I'm buying/winning more books than my bookshelf can handle, I might as well talk about them!

(Since I couldn't figure out how to get the images to behave and it ended up being a very long post, I'm going to put them under the jump break...)


Won from blogs/Goodreads


Hearts of Darkness by Kira Brady signed (won from Goodreads First Reads)
I received an ARC/uncorrected proof with the cover mock up - which was very cool to see!
This series sounds like another series I fell in love with a while back, can't wait to see what it's about!


Fated by Alyson Noel (won from Goodreads First Reads)
I've never read any of Noel's other books, but this one looks really intriguing!


The Stalker Chronicles by Carley Moore with personalized note (won from Goodreads First Reads)


Emerald City by Alicia K. Leppert (won from Tami at Krazy Book Lady!)
The story takes place in Seattle, can't wait to see what happens!


Ripple by Mandy Hubbard (won from Amber at amberafterglow!)
Pretty sure this is about a mermaid/siren. Something new I haven't read about!


A Perfect Blood (The Hollows #10) by Kim Harrison signed 
(won from Kristin at My Para-Hangover!)
SO EXCITED when I got her email that I won! She also sent me a lanyard from a previous event and a signed glow in the dark Hollows insider poster!


The Last Hiccup by Christopher Meades (won from Goodreads First Reads)
I just love the cover art on this!


Icarus The Kindred by J.S. Chancellor (won from Goodreads First Reads)
Another vampire story, but from the few pages I've read so far, it's funny!


The Sleepy Hollow Family Almanac by Kris D'Agostino (won from Goodreads First Reads)
I've read a few things about this on Indie's next lists... looks good!


Bought/Borrowed


Legend by Marie Lu (bought from local Indie)
I got the Breathless Tour's free sampler with this in it, and I just had to see what happened next!


Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis (bought from local Indie)
I bought this book and I finished it the next day! I had been looking forward to this book for months!


Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (bought from local Indie)
Have yet to start, it's a pretty thick hardcover... but I have not heard a single bad review - sounds like it's going to be goooood!


Starters by Lissa Price (bought from local Indie)
Obsessed with this cover art and the embossing :)


Fugitives (Escape from Furnace #4) by Alexander Gordon Smith (bought from local Indie)
Love this series! Action packed and fast paced, with very likable characters. Boy's POV, gotta love it!


Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver (bought from local Indie)
I have a love hate relationship with this book (get it?), I love the series, but I hate that the third one doesn't come out for such a long time... waiting as long as I can to read this. 


Eve by Anna Carey (bought from local Indie)
Wasn't too sure at first, but all the interviews and reviews of this are fabulous!


Pure by Julianna Baggott (bought from local Indie)
I borrowed this from the library for a MONTH and I was just too busy to get past page 60. Now that I own it, I don't feel guilty taking my time. ;)


Whew! Putting this post together was a lot more work than I thought it would be. Props to bloggers who've been doing this longer than a few months! 

On a side note: Haley from YA-aholic is starting a new meme on Thursdays called, "Still On My Mind" about books we just can't stop thinking about! Very excited to participate! 


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a link to your blog/website and I'll return the favor!