Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Finally!

I FINISHED PURE!



It only took me about a million years, but I finally finished it last night and now I'm bummed because Fuse (book 2) by Julianna Baggott doesn't come out until the middle of February 2013! The book has definitely given me plenty to think about for the next book in the series. I've got lots of questions and I can't wait to see how they will be answered in Fuse.

My review for Pure by Julianna Baggott will be up soon, as well as my review for The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker, which I also finished yesterday.

I was in such a slump that getting more than a few pages through any book was just too much for me. I wish I could say  it was because I was distracted with work or hobbies, but I think it was just a long span of time when I needed visual stimulation from movies/television versus the more intellectual stimulation you get from reading. It's not to say I haven't kept up with buying a few new releases that I HAD TO HAVE, but they were gathering dust on my bookshelf. I'm happy to say, I'm back in the game!

Next on my reading list is Eve by Anna Carey, which I had previously started, as well as my ARC of Splintered by A.G. Howard, which was given to me by my fabulous local indie bookseller Cindy, owner of Island Bound bookstore.

Now all I have to work on is my Showcase Sunday... for the past 2 months!

Happy Reading!

(All links for book titles to Goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a link to your blog/website and I'll return the favor!