Sunday, January 29, 2012

Never enough Tour Dates

One thing that really grinds my gears is how authors have book tour dates, just like concerts, only they sign your books and talk about their work and you can usually get a photo with them. But they NEVER come to Rhode Island! I would go to every single one of them if they did. At least the authors that I like... I mean, Providence is just as much as a capital as any other in the United States, and just because we're the smallest state we get the shaft! Wouldn't touring in Rhode Island be like, kind of an exciting thing?

For one thing, almost every event I go to, it's usually packed, because being in the smallest state, EVERYONE within the states lines is able to attend, because it only takes 30 minutes to get everywhere. Rhode Islanders would PACK that bookstore like no other. Wouldn't that make an author feel loved and appreciated? I'd think so.

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a link to your blog/website and I'll return the favor!