Monday, April 8, 2013

Teaser Review #1


As I explained in a previous blog post, I was recently chosen by Page Turners blog as one of their new Junior Reviewers. As I only manage to review a handful of books each month, I've decided they will all be featured on the Page Turners blog versus having some of them posted here. I will still be posting blogs here, such as Showcase Sunday and other memes or random posts I feel like. But what I plan to do is post a "Teaser Review," which will be posted here to let you know when a review of mine is up on the Page Turners blog. I'm not asking that anyone follow their blog, (even though it is very worthy of their followers) especially since I will only be posting reviews versus any other posts I make here. I just wanted to make sure anyone who wanted to read my reviews knows where to find them. :)


So! Here is my first Teaser Review of Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.
Released: May 1st, 2012
Borrowed from library

Description from Goodreads:

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

Krista over at the Nawanda Files was the one to encourage me to check out this book, as I had passed on it before because of the cover (a girl in a dress, really?). She was also awesome enough to send me the ARC of the sequel, Sweet Peril, which releases next month on April 30th, 2013.

"Sweet Evil focuses on the coming of age story of Anna Whitt, a 16 year old human who discovers she was born with the abilities and tendencies of angels and demons. Her mother was an angel and her father is a fallen angel, a demon specifically known as the “Duke” of Addiction. We see instances of Anna struggling with typical teenage issues in addition to supernatural strengths and weaknesses as she learns to control and adapt them to her everyday life. While she tries to remain true to her identity; that of a religious rule following good girl, she is tempted by her demonic side and other children of fallen angels, who harbor such sins as Lust, Wrath, and Envy, to name a few. COUGH COUGH I love you Kaiden and Kobano COUGH."

To read more... check out my full review over at the Page Turners blog!

Happy Reading! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Leave me a link to your blog/website and I'll return the favor!